What is the National Trust?
The Turks and Caicos National
Trust is a non-profit organization that was established in 1992 to protect,
conserve and promote the cultural, historic and natural heritage of the Turks
and Caicos Islands for present & future generations and for the enjoyment of all.
Job vacancy at the National Trust:
Public Awareness/ Education Officer
Job details below:
The Turks & Caicos National Trust is looking to add a dynamic Public Awareness Officer to be part of the team. The key role in this position is to raise awareness and understanding of the importance of the biodiversity of the Turks and Caicos Islands (conservation of the Turks & Caicos rock iguana on Little Water Cay/Half Moon Bay). and the threats from invasive species (funded by EU BEST).
The key role in this position is Community engagement - working with the public. The role will involve working with the general public, including visitors to Little Water Cay/Half Moon Bay, boat tour operators, schools, other local businesses and international partner organisations.
• Must be at least a High School Graduate; certificate in TCI Studies Course is an asset
• Computer literate – Microsoft Office
• An excellent verbal communicator able to communicate messages in a way that is understood by a range of audiences and that engenders their support and strong writing skills
• Good basic knowledge of Turks and Caicos wildlife, habitats and key species
• Experience in event organization and management is an advantage
• Experience of promotion, marketing and production of interpretive material is an advantage
• Team player
The successful candidate must be extremely organised, efficient, work under own initiative and willing to work in some remote locations (Little Water Cay/Half Moon Bay).
This role will work directly with the Education & Awareness Manager on all activities including establishment of schools outreach programme on Little Water Cay (funded by EU BEST) and development of education materials (such as leaflets) for use on Half Moon Bay (funded by RSPB).
If you love engaging with a wide range of people face to face and thrive on communicating with a variety of people then perhaps, this may be the job for you.
Apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or inquire at the Turks & Caicos National Trust office in Salt Mills Plaza (Unit #50), Grace Bay, Providenciales from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (M-F).
Job posting closes on November 26th, 2018.
TCI National Trust wins CTO's Heritage Protection Award
Congratulations to the entire TCNT Team!
Keep up the good work!